Our firm seeks to provide our clients with the highest quality of work and accomplishes this via a teamwork approach. We are therefore very interested in the professional development of employees who value our practice.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. New employees gain experience by working directly on audit and tax projects under the supervision of more experienced personnel.
Current Positions Available
Skinnon and Faber, CPA’s is currently expanding our audit practice to meet the growing needs of our company. We are seeking an experienced audit professional. We are a Long Island (Islandia) based, full service public accounting firm. We provide audit services to a number of governmental units (primarily Villages) and non-profit organizations. Audit and reporting services for governmental and non-profit organizations make up a bulk of our assurance and attest services.
Audit Responsibilities Include:
· Examine financial and accounting records, other documentation and tangible items
· Test some of the organizations internal controls
· Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes preparing financial statements
· Prepare working papers
· Route correspondence to client for approval and signature by Partner
· Draft reports
· Have at least 2-3 year of auditing experience (Governmental/ Non-Profit preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
· CPA preferred
· Strong audit skills with proficiency in US GAAP and US GAAS
· Ability to produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Local travel including Long Island and NYC is required (approximately 10-15%)
Qualities needed in order to fill the position include being friendly, professional and reliable, as well as an independent thinker and problem solver.
If you are interested in this position, please send us an email with your resume and cover letter attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org